Training schedule / application process
As a result of, and in order to support, the extraordinary pressure and challenges being placed upon our multi-agency partners to manage the current impact of COVID-19 in Shropshire and our bordering areas, the Shropshire Safeguarding Community Partnership (SSCP) have reviewed the need for and means of conducting all future meetings and multi-agency training provision.
The SSCP Business Unit has suspended all multi-agency face to face training at present. Virtual training sessions are being developed and we now have some training sessions in the calendar which are being delivered via Microsoft Teams for professionals or volunteers working with Shropshire children, young people and their families.
Please note that as of November 2020, we are in the process of changing over to a new booking system. All learners must ensure that they log in to their old SSCP learner record to take screen shots of their learner record and download their certificates of attendance from any training they have attended since 2016. Training records cannot be transferred to the new booking system. Please Log in to the old Virtual College booking system here before 1st December 2020. If you have forgotten your log in details, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Any learner who has an account set up with Leap into Learning should now book any SSCP multi-agency safeguarding training or Early Help training via Leap into Learning.
Anyone who doesn't have an account with Leap into Learning should email email@example.com with their NAME - AGENCY - JOB TITLE - INDIVIDUAL EMAIL so that an training account can be set up.
The SSCP has also developed 2 Podcasts which are aimed at induction level safeguarding training for those new to their role. Access the 'If You See Something Part 1' Podcast here and access the 'If You See Something Part 2' Podcast here.
Select the links for more information:
- Use this link to login and apply for multi-agency training via Leap into Learning
- SSCP Multi-agency Training Schedule
- Early Help Multi-agency Training Schedule
- Contacts & Definitions Handout for Children's Services
- Contacts & Definitions Handout for Adult Services
- If You See Something Induction Podcast Part 1
- If You See Something Induction Podcast Part 2
- NSPCC GCP2 COVID-19 Guidance
- 7 Key Points for Safeguarding for Volunteers
- Free Mental Capacity Act Webinar from Joint Training for using the act during Covid-19
- SSP Charging & Cancellation Policy
- SSP Training Privacy Statement
- How to Register & Apply for Multi-agency Training
- SSCB Training Strategy 2018-2020
- Report on SSCB Safeguarding Training Delivery 2017-18
- TaMHS Support for Schools
- Mental Health First Aid to Support Young People
- Seen and Heard Free video-based 60-minute e-learning module, built around the real experiences and stories of young people who have been sexually abused or exploited,
- Free Home Office e-learning module on PREVENT
- Free Home Office e-learning module on FGM
- Free Pocket Guide on FGM for Healthcare Professionals
- Free Home Office e-learning module on Forced Marriage
- Free IDAS e-learning module on Domestic Abuse
- Free DoH eLearning course to help healthcare professionals and partners protect and identify young people at risk of abuse or exploitation
- Free e-learning module on Suicide Prevention
- Triennial Analysis of SCRs Presentation Dec 2016