Training schedule / application process
As a result of, and in order to support, the extraordinary pressure and challenges being placed upon our multi-agency partners to manage the current impact of COVID-19 in Shropshire and our bordering areas, the Shropshire Safeguarding Partnership (SSP) have reviewed the need for and means of conducting all future meetings and multi-agency training provision.
The SSP Business Unit have now suspended all multi-agency face to face training at present until September 2020.
All SSP multi-agency face to face training sessions running from March to August have been cancelled.
No bookings are currently being accepted for any SSP multi-agency face to face training sessions. We will update our Training Schedule and message when we are able to take bookings again for our training.
Learners can still register for and apply for any of the e-learning modules which the SSP offers through Vitual College. All e-learning training is free of charge to any professional/volunteer working with children or their families in Shropshire.
Please also download our useful Contacts & Definitions Handout from this page which is kept up to date with useful contact details for safeguarding Shropshire's children.
Select the links for more information:
- Use this link to register, login and apply for multi-agency training
- Contacts & Definitions Handout for Children's Services
- Contacts & Definitions Handout for Adult Services
- SSP Charging & Cancellation Policy
- SSP Training Privacy Statement
- How to Register & Apply for Multi-agency Training
- SSCB Training Strategy 2018-2020
- Safeguarding Contacts & Definitions Handout
- Report on SSCB Safeguarding Training Delivery 2017-18
- Exploitation Conference Nov 2018 Videos and Resources
- TaMHS Support for Schools
- Mental Health First Aid to Support Young People
- Seen and Heard Free video-based 60-minute e-learning module, built around the real experiences and stories of young people who have been sexually abused or exploited,
- Free Home Office e-learning module on PREVENT
- Free Home Office e-learning module on FGM
- Free Pocket Guide on FGM for Healthcare Professionals
- Free Home Office e-learning module on Forced Marriage
- Free IDAS e-learning module on Domestic Abuse
- Free DoH eLearning course to help healthcare professionals and partners protect and identify young people at risk of abuse or exploitation
- Free e-learning module on Suicide Prevention
- Parenting Team's Understanding Children's Behaviour Training Brochure for Professional 2018/19
- Triennial Analysis of SCRs Presentation Dec 2016