Training schedule / application process
As a result of, and in order to support, the extraordinary pressure and challenges being placed upon our multi-agency partners to manage the current impact of COVID-19 in Shropshire and our bordering areas, the Shropshire Safeguarding Community Partnership (SSCP) have reviewed the need for and means of conducting all future meetings and multi-agency training provision.
The SSCP Business Unit has suspended all multi-agency face to face training at present until January 2021 at present. This will be reviewed in December.
No bookings are currently being accepted for any SSCP multi-agency face to face training sessions.
Learners are able to apply to attend the Exploitation Webinar training which is currently being run using MS Teams. Information on these sessions and how to apply can be found here.
Learners can also still register and apply for any of the e-learning modules which the SSCP offers through Virtual College. All e-learning training is free of charge to any professional or volunteer working with children or their families in Shropshire. There is a limit of 4 e-learning modules per learner per year. All applications for e-learning will be submitted to the SSCP Training Team for approval before Learners can access the training.
Select the links for more information:
- Use this link to register, login and apply for multi-agency training
- Contacts & Definitions Handout for Children's Services
- Contacts & Definitions Handout for Adult Services
- NSPCC GCP2 COVID-19 Guidance
- 7 Key Points for Safeguarding for Volunteers
- Free Mental Capacity Act Webinar from Joint Training for using the act during Covid-19
- SSP Charging & Cancellation Policy
- SSP Training Privacy Statement
- How to Register & Apply for Multi-agency Training
- SSCB Training Strategy 2018-2020
- Report on SSCB Safeguarding Training Delivery 2017-18
- TaMHS Support for Schools
- Mental Health First Aid to Support Young People
- Seen and Heard Free video-based 60-minute e-learning module, built around the real experiences and stories of young people who have been sexually abused or exploited,
- Free Home Office e-learning module on PREVENT
- Free Home Office e-learning module on FGM
- Free Pocket Guide on FGM for Healthcare Professionals
- Free Home Office e-learning module on Forced Marriage
- Free IDAS e-learning module on Domestic Abuse
- Free DoH eLearning course to help healthcare professionals and partners protect and identify young people at risk of abuse or exploitation
- Free e-learning module on Suicide Prevention
- Triennial Analysis of SCRs Presentation Dec 2016