Training schedule / application process
It's essential that professionals, volunteers and their managers read the current SSP multi-agency Training Schedule 2020 before booking to attend any face to face training modules or registering to complete any e-learning training. This is to ensure that every delegate and their manager is aware of the training strategy pathways and tiers, the costs applicable to certain agencies and the SSP charging and cancellation policy. The training schedule is update regularly to reflect any modules which are fully booked, and any new modules will be added throughout the year.
Once it's been agreed by the professional/volunteer and their manager which course(s) is/are appropriate, the applicant will need to register, login, and apply for multi-agency training. Every learner will need to set up an account, and this will be their personal 'learner record' from which they can:
- Apply for any further SSP multi-agency training, both e-learning and face to face modules
- Review what training they have applied for and check times, dates, venues and resources which will need to be printed out
- Complete online evaluations of the training attended and print off certificates of attendance
- View any training which they have completed with the SSP.
The government guidance, Working Together to Safeguard Children, 2015, sets out how organisations and individuals should work together to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and young people in accordance with the Children Act 1989 and the Children Act 2004 (2007).
It is important that delegates and line managers are aware of the SSP Charging & Cancellation Policy prior to booking to attend any multi-agency safeguarding training modules. The Cancellation Policy applies to all agencies, not just those who qualify for free training.
Select the links for more information:
- Use this link to register, login and apply for multi-agency training
- SSP Multi-agency Training Schedule 2020
- SSP Charging & Cancellation Policy
- SSP Training Privacy Statement
- How to Register & Apply for Multi-agency Training
- SSCB Training Strategy 2018-2020
- Safeguarding Contacts & Definitions Handout May 2019
- Report on SSCB Safeguarding Training Delivery 2017-18
- Exploitation Conference Nov 2018 Videos and Resources
- TaMHS Support for Schools
- Seen and Heard Free video-based 60-minute e-learning module, built around the real experiences and stories of young people who have been sexually abused or exploited,
- Free Home Office e-learning module on PREVENT
- Free Home Office e-learning module on FGM
- Free Pocket Guide on FGM for Healthcare Professionals
- Free Home Office e-learning module on Forced Marriage
- Free IDAS e-learning module on Domestic Abuse
- Free DoH eLearning course to help healthcare professionals and partners protect and identify young people at risk of abuse or exploitation
- Free e-learning module on Suicide Prevention
- Parenting Team's Understanding Children's Behaviour Training Brochure for Professional 2018/19
- Triennial Analysis of SCRs Presentation Dec 2016