Training schedule / application process
As a result of, and in order to support, the extraordinary pressure and challenges being placed upon our multi-agency partners to manage the current impact of COVID-19 in Shropshire and our bordering areas, the Shropshire Safeguarding Community Partnership (SSCP) have reviewed the need for and means of conducting all future meetings and multi-agency training provision.
The SSCP Business Unit has suspended all multi-agency face to face training at present. Virtual training sessions are being developed and we now have some training sessions in the calendar which are being delivered via Microsoft Teams for professionals or volunteers working with Shropshire children, young people and their families.
Please view the current Multi-agency Safeguarding Children Training Schedule or Multi-agency Early Help Training Schedule for further information on all training currently available to book.
As of December 2020, we have a new booking system, Leap into Learning. Our old booking system through Virtual College is no longer available to access so we hope all learners have downloaded their training certificates or taken screen shots of their multi-agency training record.
Any learner who has an account set up with Leap into Learning should now book any SSCP multi-agency safeguarding training or Early Help training via Leap into Learning. Currently there is no e-learning training available through Leap into Learning but we will have some e-learning modules available early in 2021. Check out the links below for other organisations which offer free e-learning to practitioners.
Anyone who doesn't have an account with Leap into Learning should email email@example.com with their NAME - AGENCY - JOB TITLE - INDIVIDUAL EMAIL ADDRESS (not a generic email address) so that a training account can be set up. You will then be sent an email from Leap into Learning asking you to log in with your email and update your password to make your account live.
The SSCP has also developed 2 Podcasts which are aimed at induction level safeguarding training for those new to their role. Access the 'If You See Something Part 1' Podcast here and access the 'If You See Something Part 2' Podcast here.
The SSCP has produced the Compass Video which informs professionals or volunteers what to do when there is a concern about the welfare of a child in Shropshire. It identifies when consent from the child or family is needed. The video clarifies the process of making a referral to Targeted Early Help Services or Children's Social Care and the importance of referring to the thresholds document.
Select the links for more information:
- Use this link to login and apply for multi-agency training via Leap into Learning
- Multi-agency Safeguarding Children Training Schedule
- Multi-agency Early Help Training Schedule
- Protocol for delegates attending SSCP virtual training
- Contacts & Definitions Handout for Children's Services
- Contacts & Definitions Handout for Adult Services
- If You See Something Induction Podcast Part 1
- If You See Something Induction Podcast Part 2
- NSPCC GCP2 COVID-19 Guidance
- 7 Key Points for Safeguarding for Volunteers
- Free Mental Capacity Act Webinar from Joint Training for using the act during Covid-19
- SSP Training Privacy Statement
- SSCB Training Strategy 2018-2020
- TaMHS Support for Schools
- Mental Health First Aid to Support Young People
- Parenting Team Training Sessions 2021
- Solihull Approach Training 2021
- Seen and Heard Free video-based 60-minute e-learning module, built around the real experiences and stories of young people who have been sexually abused or exploited,
- Free Pocket Guide on FGM for Healthcare Professionals
- Free DoH eLearning course to help healthcare professionals and partners protect and identify young people at risk of abuse or exploitation
- Free Home Office e-learning course on Prevent (radicalisation)
- Triennial Analysis of SCRs Presentation Dec 2016